“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”- Francis of Assisi.
University Connection (UC) was always developed to educate, enthuse and empower the student of today – from school-going teens to young adults in college to even mid-career professionals – UC has engaged with the complete spectrum of student base throughout the year.
Outreach: With publications such as Entrepreneur India, Higher Education Review, The Tribune, The Hindu and more widening our reach, this year UC launched #UCOnlineCounseling – an initiative to be able to help and support rural or urban, local or outside, Indian or foreign, rich or marginalized, through an online interface with the counselor. This not only brought in students from all parts of the country, but it also ensured a seamless interaction with students as far as Dubai and the Netherlands. All in all, in the year 2017, we have successfully concluded 210 meaningful Education Counseling Sessions in person and on Skype.
With feedback such as this one by Mariya from Dubai, we feel really encouraged:
In an effort to continue with our philosophy of spreading the ‘right’ information – UC also opened it’s doors to interactions with students and parents over Open House study abroad sessions and University interactions, such as the recently concluded afternoon with the University of British Columbia (UBC) representative.
School Interface: Every year UC tries to traverse new locations in the hope of widening its mission and sharing career information with more and more in the country. Starting with blessings from the small town of Mhow, interaction with students of The Army Public School, we moved our caravan to the Billabong High International School, Kanpur, and then to my alma mater, Mater Dei Convent School. While interacting with a number of luminaries from the education fraternity, a recent showcase at the DPS Ghaziabad allowed us to touch more than 3000 lives.
#UCSuccessMeet 2017: University Connection is built on the TRUST of families and parents, the RESOLVE of our students and the COMMITMENT of our Counselors. A celebration of these key elements coming together – was the phenomenal 100% admissions for the year and close to 10 million dollars in scholarships. With admits to Columbia, NYU, UC Berkeley, LSE and more, on May 13, 2017, UC acknowledged all the students, parents & its team for pushing their potential and “Daring to Dream”. The #UCSuccessMeet was the highest trending event at UC.
In an effort towards building an education ecosystem focused on student-centricity & EMPOWERMENT, UC is proud to have been able to initiate the following associations this year:
– Collaboration with more than 10 NGOs to help our students develop a more grounded approach to community projects and learn to give back. We are proud that one of them (Sahaj) even got accepted for the Youth4Environment Fellowship at URJA and Haiyya.
– A one-of-a-kind “Counsel the Counselor” training for the team at Empowering the Vision Project – a mission to strengthen the Tibetan community through youth empowerment.
– University Connection is a proud member of the Udgam Incubator – a first of its kind mentor platform that helps accelerate credible ventures.
– We are thrilled to continue our association with the International Association of College Admission Counselors (IACAC.org) and also become an active part of online communities such as the Counselor Forum and the Senior School Moms group on FB.
– UC also continues its patronage to BNI.org, a fulfilling four years with the Delhi South Region at the BNI Exuberrance Chapter.
Thank you one an all for supporting us and encouraging us to push our limits and be more.
WHAT’S NEXT – The Way Ahead in 2018
Now we know that if it does not challenge you, nothing changes.
With our scholarship count for the next year admissions already touching $2Million, watch out for the #UCSuccessMeet 2018! There is a greater impetus on #UCOnlineCounseling – 365 days 365 mentoring sessions is the aim. The UC Book Club is making way for the UC Movie Magic and the UC Lecture Series.
“Empowering” – the student, the parent, and the school will stay as the main focus of the year. Training initiatives and perhaps even a Certificate program in Career Counseling is also on the cards. Moreover, if you wish UC could there in your city… that day is not too far.
We promise to continue challenging our limits to help realize our vision of making this world a better place – one student at a time!