The internet is a delightful space packed to the brim with information and adorable cat videos. The sheer size and scale of the internet are massive and almost perplexing. But the internet is much more than a safe haven for cute puppy videos and tutorials on how to boil water: it is an organization’s marketing dream come true. On a single platform, various organizations are able to connect with millions of people, communicate with them, and share their messages with them. Businesses have surged the internet in recent years to take benefit of this, with a strategy known as Digital Marketing.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is not only limited to websites, email, and social media. It also comprises content publication, mobile optimization, and data analytics. It is an amalgamation of everything, with each element having its unique importance. Advertising has developed into a digital platform, so it’s necessary to learn what types of marketing strategies exist and how they can be put into use. Digital marketing, precisely online marketing or web marketing, is an umbrella term that refers to the online advertising methods used to generate traffic and sales for a business. This includes email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing (SMM), advertisement display on websites and mobile devices, paid search (PPC), and organic search. The vital element of any digital marketing is its call-to-action – providing an option for viewers or readers to click through and complete an action like visiting a website or buying a product through them.
What does a Digital Marketer do?
Digital marketers are responsible for driving brand awareness and lead generation through all the digital platforms — both free and paid — that are at a company’s disposal. These platforms include social media, the company’s website, search engine rankings, email, display advertising, and the company’s blog. A digital marketer focuses on various key performance indicators (KPIs) for each platform so they can properly estimate the company’s performance across each one. A digital marketer who is in charge of SEO, for example, assesses their website’s “organic traffic.” In small companies, one generalist might know many of the digital marketing tactics described above at the same time. In larger companies, these tactics are handled by multiple specialists, each focusing on just one or two of the brand’s digital platforms.
Why choose Digital Marketing as a career?
As digitization continues across industries, companies all over the world from start-ups to established corporates are on the lookout for digital professionals with relevant experience. Digital marketing has become one of the most popular career choices in today’s tech-savvy world. While surfing online, we are exposed to a plethora of content that we consume in form of videos, gifs, memes, images, and so on. The question that arises is who is managing this content and how it is trending on all social media platforms? The answer is — a digital marketer sitting in a different part of the country is deciding what your feed looks like. Digital titans such as Google and Airbnb are always seeking new talent, particularly in the area of emerging technologies as artificial intelligence becomes more mainstream. In terms of customer value, using artificial intelligence can help drive personalization and response times to queries using technology such as chatbots.
With such a wide array of new opportunities available in the market, digital marketers can afford to be picky about the type of organization they’d like to work for.
What colleges can you apply to for a Digital Marketing course?
Your digital marketing courses in colleges will be a one-two year course, and specializations include MBA, MSc, and even MA with very few colleges offering under-graduation in the same. Here we’ve listed the top colleges for digital marketing for you to choose from.
1. Colleges in the US
– University of Kentucky – BA/BS Integrated Strategic Communication
– Sacred Heart University- Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science (MSc) in Digital Marketing
– Arizona State University- Bachelor of Science in Marketing – Digital and Integrated Marketing Communications
– University of Southern California Annenberg – MS in Digital Social Media
– NYU Stern School of Business- MBA Digital Marketing
– University of Connecticut- MBA Digital Marketing Strategy
2. Colleges in the UK
– Staffordshire University- Digital and Social Media Marketing BA (Hons)
– Leeds Beckett University – BA (Hons) Digital Marketing
– University of Westminster- BA (Hons) Digital Marketing
– Kings College – MSc in Digital Marketing
– University of Surrey- Digital Marketing and Channel Management (MSc)
– University of Kent- MSc Digital Marketing & Analytics
3. Colleges in Canada
– Vancouver Island University- Digital Media Studies (BA Hons)
– St. Lawrence College- Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing Communications (DMC)
– Centennial University- Graduate Certificate in Marketing- Digital Engagement Strategy
– University of British Columbia- Master of Digital Media (MDM)
– Ryerson University- Master of Digital Media (MDM)
– Vancouver Island University- Master of Digital Media (MDM)
4. Colleges in India
– Birla Global University, Odisha – BBA in Digital Marketing
– UPES, Dehradun- BBA in Digital Marketing
– Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune- BBA in Digital Marketing
– Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune- MBA in Digital Marketing
– Indian Institute of Digital Education, Mumbai- MBA in Digital Marketing
– Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai- MBA in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a career ripe with potential. The pandemic has not only fast-tracked brands’ move to digital but reinstated the message that digital marketing remains indispensable for the future growth of businesses across industries worldwide.
Get ready to join the college of your dreams with University Connection. From helping you select the right course that fits your interests to guiding you throughout the admission process and curating impressive SOPs and LORs to get you successfully shortlisted into your dream university, University Connection experts can lend you a helping hand at every step of your study abroad journey.