Getting a chance to study abroad, especially at top institutions like Ivy League colleges can be a life-changing experience for many. From the quality of education to the richness of socio-cultural exposure that one gets, it truly is a worthwhile experience.
But this can prove to be quite a costly affair for a majority of Indian students as not only do most prestigious international colleges charge a hefty fee, the currency conversion rate drastically increases the expenses. Getting a scholarship in student life, however, is a great achievement and matters a lot.
While most of the Scholarships are offered for masters and Ph.D. programmes, but of late, lots of scholarships are being offered for undergraduate studies as well. Here are some of the most common scholarships awarded to Indian students to study abroad –
- Tata Scholarship with Cornell University
- Manmohan Singh Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award
- Australian Embassy Fully Funded Scholarship
- TOEFL Scholarship Program in India (Bachelors)
- Scholarship Program by HSBC India
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship
You should consider taking career counseling online or otherwise so that you can be aided by professionals in finding and applying for the best suitable scholarships for you.